Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Lesson 9 - new thoughts

Mr. Honeycutt's pod cast gave much food for thought about the use of technology and embracing it. I am first to admit that I am behind. Recently I started researching iPods and went to my niece and the students at MW for advice! I have chosen the iPod that I want now all I have to do is settle on the color. The idea of giving the students the tools and letting them run with it even if you aren't sure what to do is daunting but exciting.

After a discussion with a technolgy teacher, we came up with an idea, which we might try next year.

Class 1 does marketing research to determine what type of project to create that then can be sold for a fundraiser. Ideas could be wood baskets, napkin holders, mirrors, etc.

Class 2 creates a design with materials that are available in the classroom. They draw specs and determines the price to be set

Class 3 produces the project.

This is just a rough plan that is in the beginning stages. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is a great idea. What tool(s) would you use for these classes to collaborate with? A wiki?

Mrs. Boccuzzi-Reichert said...

I hadn't thought of that. A wiki would probably be the ideal tool because it will allow students to share and edit. The possibilities are endless...