Friday, July 13, 2007

Reflection 3

This course has exposed me to many new ideas which I am looking forward to sharing with students and colleagues. As the librarian, it is my job to collaborate with teachers to help deliver instructions, I am looking forward to sharing the technology I have learned in this course. At the end of the year I created two wikis to use with a social studies and science class. The experiences for the children were successful, especially the science wiki where students shared ideas and resources.

At the beginning of this coming school year, with the help of the ITT department, the library is going to host a technology fair to expose and in some cases reacquaint our staff with new and not so new technology that is available. I look forward to this and hope it helps me toward my goal of collaboration as a teacher librarian with my colleagues.

I will be receiving a tablet PC, while I do not fully understand its' capabilities I am looking forward to exploring what it can do and how it can be integrated.

Some other things I am working on are booktalks which are posted to my website using audacity, check them out at the following link Booktalks. I am going to recruit students to help me with this project this fall. Also, I am working on creating a blog which will be available through the library webpage for students and staff members to post their thoughts and ideas about books they are reading.

Hopefully, there will be more courses offered on-line, I found this course INFORMATIVE and ENJOYABLE!

6 comments:

Nat said...

I think the technology fair is a great idea. It’s nice to get a refresher in what’s available, and learn about technology offerings that you didn’t even know that the district had. I bet most of the teachers in our building don’t know that we have an Elmo and what it’s used for (I love Elmo).

Ang, I really liked the Booktalk podcast that you modeled during the tech work days. It made me want to read the book. I think that sometimes students can be overwhelemed by the amount of books in our library and too shy to ask for a reading suggestion. The Booktalk podcasts would be a way for them to have other students’ or teachers’ opinions about age appropriate books.

Mrs. Boccuzzi-Reichert said...

After talking with Patti and Tom we are also going to try to expose staff to technology by making it available for the admin during staff meetings. The tech fair, which I wanted in the very beginning of the year, will probably not happen until October so I have enough ITT people to help make it successful.

I am hoping to do more podcasts - my goal is to get students involved with this project. Students love to get recommendations from their peers!

godmother said...

Angela, your podcast book reviews are awesome! What a great idea! And what a nice alternative to the traditional book report or reader response! Bravo to you for pursuing the technology fair as well! I hope you have a good attendance.

Mrs. Donovan said...

Angela, I really liked your book podcast. I am a reading teacher at Village and I have book reviews written by the students on my website, but I never thought of actually having them develop a podcast to read them. What a great idea to motivate kids to read! How do you go about directing students to the site?

DianeS said...

I am excited about the technology fair, and even more excited about the possibility of staff meetings being used for this type of productivity.

Mrs. Boccuzzi-Reichert said...

The booktalk podcast were added this summer to the site. During the library orientation I will share the site with the students and also have it put in the parent newsletter.

I am going to try to recruit students to do more booktalks for the site - students like to hear "recommendations" for books by students.